Weekend is approaching, my dear friends and just like almost every other weekend, if someone says- hey, you know, let’s go skydiving- I would say, no, are you nuts? I’d just soon sit down and have a cup of tea. And tea, ladies and gentlemen, is the theme of this weekend.
To start off, we have:
- Monday, April 02, 2012 (Recurring daily)
- Time:7am – 5pm
- Location: Truffles Cafe – VanDusen Botanical Gardens
Nothing is better than sitting together with your friends or relatives and catch up with each other while sipping a hot cup of tea, don’t you think so?
Tea…Green tea…Chinese…1/ They all rhyme; 2/ The Chinese has always been famous for their green tea. You can get some good green tea here:
- Friday, May 18, 2012 – Sunday, September 09, 2012 (Every Sunday, Friday, Saturday)
- Time:6:30PM-11PM; every Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Location: 100 block Keefer Street
Also, while we are on the topic of different cultures, my friends from Zimbabwe just let me know about:
- Saturday, August 25, 2012 – Saturday, August 25, 2012 (Recurring daily)
- Time:12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Location: CNIS Main Office
The Courtyard 1985 West Broadway at Maple Street, Vancouver
The Canadian Network for International Surgery WWW.CNIS.CA 604-739-4708
Each year the Canadian Network for International Surgery holds an African Market in the covered courtyard outside our Kitsilano office, located at Maple and Broadway in Vancouver. The market is a free community event that attracts hundreds of people from the west side and the Lower Mainland. This year, 25 African artisans, vendors, chefs and performers, representing more than a dozen African countries, as well as many NGOs working in Africa will participate. Children of all ages are encouraged to take part in our crafts and games. A silent auction will be held to raise funds for course material and surgical equipment.
For more information, please visit http://www.cnis.ca/
Tea..Green..Veggies…Organic veggies…hey, while we are at it, you should totally go to the Farmers Markets this weekend:
- Saturday, May 12, 2012 – Saturday, October 20, 2012 (Every Saturday)
- Time:Saturdays from 10am – 2pm
- Location: North parking lot of John Hendry Park at Trout Lake (between Templeton and Lakewood, south of the 13th Avenue alley
Calling all local food enthusiasts! Support local produce by stopping by Vancouver Farmers Markets. Find delicious locally made food and enjoy knowing where your food comes from and who cultivates it.
For more information check out http://www.facebook.com/vancouverfarmersmarket
There you go, folks. Have fun this weekend. Fun is the key to your brain fitness, like our dear Karen Tyrell once wrote: “Brain Fitness is an essential part of reducing Alzheimer disease”. If you haven’t read it, read it.
The awesome team of SBSA